In modern computers, cache is typically implemented using static RAM, however we still retain the terminology from this era and refer to a block of cache memory loaded in one go as a cache line. The key attribute of these storage systems is that they are intrinsically sequential. Data are written into one end of a delay line and can not be accessed until they reach the other end.
- WebObjects included a companion library, the Enterprise Objects Framework.
- Data is loaded into these caches and evicted from them in blocks, and so positioning related data so that they can be loaded together still provides a performance benefit.
- In Self any object can have additional behaviour added to it and can be duplicated by sending it a clone message.
- The university provides a range of Assistive Technology to support you no matter what your learning needs.
- These typically contained the view